This message has been sent to all parents on 8/11/2023 à 13h.
The APEEE services (school canteen, school bus, extracurricular activities) wish to inform you about the reimbursement for transport and the price setting for the school year 2023-2024.
The APEEE will refund €92 per pupil registered to the school transport service during the previous school year 2022-2023. This decision was made possible by costs below budget (supervisors’ staff costs lower than expected) and the additional income (more subscriptions than expected) received during this period. Plus, the APEEE has an agreement with the European Institutions to retribute any excess above 2% of the APEEE’s operational result for the transport sector (if positive). The amount will therefore be reimbursed equally to all school transport fee payers (paying parents and institutions).
Price Setting 2023-2024
The price setting is based on the budgetary forecast of this school year and has been approved by the APEEE Board at the Board meeting on 24/10/2023. You will find below the set prices.
Whereas the current canteen prices can be maintained, we need to increase the prices for our transport and extracurricular services. The increase for the supply of these services:
- Inflation rates continue to have an impact on our overall costs (persisting increase of the costs for bus rentals, and mandatory salary indexation for the APEEE staff)
- Exceptional costs and losses due to the temporary move of the P1/P2 pupils from Woluwe to Evere, such as costs for extra buses with supervisors and hiring of extra supervision staff to help during the temporary move, and following the changed Friday afternoon time schedule of the nursery, P1 and P2 pupils.
The current forecast of price increase for the APEEE 2023-2024 school year is similar to the situation in Belgium as it depends on external factors, as well as on internal factors, e.g., on the number of registrations to our services, the availability of space for the extracurricular activities, the number of buses.
Canteen Service Woluwe
In June, the price increase was estimated between 5% and 7% for the canteen. However, following the sufficient number of registrations for the school year 2023-2024 there is NO increase to be applied.
The prices remain unchanged:
- Nursery: €6,36 per meal
- Primary: €7,25 per meal
- Secondary: €7,64 per meal
- Cafeteria pricing is available here.
Canteen Service Evere
The Scolarest/Compass company has informed the parents about the expected price increase for the school year 2023-2024.
School Bus Service Woluwe & Evere In June, the increase was estimated between 13% and 16%. However, because of:
- The project to add bus supervisors will be organised for all the buses at the departure of 16h20
- A 16.40% indexation for the bus companies calculated by the FBAA (Fédération belge des exploitations d’autobus & d’autocars)
- Organisation of the temporary move of P1&P2 pupils required shuttles every day until the 27/10/2023, as well as additional buses
The final price for the school year 2023-2024 has been increased by 17.37%. The school bus fee per registered pupil is 2.231,55€ for 2023-2024.
Extracurricular Activities Woluwe & Evere
The final prices for the school year 2023-2024 have been increased by 6%. The prices per activity will be updated in your Secured Zone. In June, the increase was estimated between 3% and 6%.
For Interclass/Footfest, the price increase is slightly higher (0.85 cent) than the 6% increase. Last year the price was 27,5€, which results with a 6% increase to 29,15€. However, in order to be able to provide sufficient security measures to make sure that the matches are played within the best possible safe circumstances, the price had to be rounded up to 30€. Thank you for your understanding.
The APEEE has scheduled to invoice the APEEE contribution fee, the transport and canteen during the month of November. However, since the new invoicing IT platform is under construction, the invoicing for the extracurricular activities services will be organised only later this year or early 2024, depending on when this is possible.
The Woluwe canteen service for the P1 & P2 pupils for the first trimester who are returning on 8/11/2023 to Woluwe, will also not yet be invoiced. Their invoicing for the period between 8/11/2023 and 22/12/2023 is scheduled for mid-December. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the concerned service.
- Transport : email@example.com /firstname.lastname@example.org
- Extracurricular Activities: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cantine Woluwe: email@example.com
We are committed to continue with our best efforts in offering excellent services for your children.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
APEEE Bxl II